Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

On Our 2 Year Wedding Anniversary

Two years ago, I woke up early. My soon-to-be husband, Jonathan made a lovely breakfast, and I headed over to my mom's house to get ready. I had friends there to do hair and makeup. Then, the photographer arrived and I slipped into something extremely heavy and uncomfortable, but it made me feel beautiful and that's all that mattered.

Jonathan arrived to see me for the first time and take photos before the ceremony. The look on his face when he saw me made the heavy itchy dress worth it. He loved me, and he thought I was beautiful.


So much has happened these last two years... pregnancy, unemployment for both of us, baby girl Lucie, Weight Watchers, Jonathan's new job, Hurricane Sandy, Jonathan's job transfer, moving to South Carolina, me interviewing for jobs, and now, we just filed a contingency contract (based on the sale of our home in New York) for a house to be built here in West Columbia, South Carolina, in the top notch Lexington 1 School District.

If I had to do it all over again, I don't think I would have changed a thing. It's been a bit of a roller-coaster, but it has led us here, to West Columbia, South Carolina, where all three of us feel at home.

See that empty lot? Our new home is going to be built there by Crown Builders. Our home will have gas heat, stove and fireplace. We will have a brick and hardy plank exterior, and it will have a lake view from our Master Bedroom sitting room. It will have five bedrooms and three full bathrooms.

The floorplan we have chosen is the Cambridge.

Our home will be in the gorgeous Lake community which includes a lake for fishing and boating, a beach, volleyball court, a pool, and a playground. There are also many children Lucie's age, so she will hopefully have friends who live nearby.


I am extremely happy to be celebrating 2 years with Jonathan. Marrying him was the best decision I ever made. Jonathan, I love you, and I look forward to see what the future holds in store for us- hopefully some more wonderful memories to be made. :-)


No comments: