Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

At Least He Didn't Use a Disposable

I have to give him credit. He tried.
I arrived home from working an odd job to find Lucie sitting in her little rocking chair. I picked her up, and I felt something padded against her back.

"Jon?" I asked, "Did you put an insert in here outside the prefold? Something's sticking out of the top of Lucie's diaper wrap in the back."

"Yeah, I put something inside there, inside the Snappi," he told me.

The insert felt really big. Then, I realized what he must have done. He completely ignored all of the diapers I laid out for him nicely, in perfect presentation for him to use. They were stacked as such:

Thirsties Duo Wrap, Thirsties Fab Doubler, Thirsties Duo Prefold, Gro-Via Bioliner

There were three of these set ups left on the ottoman of my glider.

He must have completely missed them, because he just pulled out WHATEVER from the clean, unfolded, cloth diaper laundry pile, and put it on the baby.

She had on a Thirsties Duo Wrap, with a cheap Babies 'R' Us in-case-of-emergency prefold very badly angel wing folded and snappied around a twisted Flip insert, which he claimed was bikini twist folded!

I would have more photos, but after the first two, I realized that there was a LOAD of poop in the diaper, and he didn't use a bioliner, explaining, "But she already pooped today!!!"

His "punishment" was that I told him he had to wash out the diapers with the shower sprayer over the toilet. It was a little messy. I can't wait until my dad installs the custom diaper sprayer he's making for me! That will make "learning experiences" like this much more tolerable.
I'm just glad he didn't resort to using a disposable. He made an effort. That means he's willing to learn, even if he pretends that he doesn't care about diapers.

No comments: