Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Snappi, A GroVia Bioliner, A Thirsties Duo Prefold, & A Thirsties Duo Wrap

This is the perfect combination for diapering my daughter.



If I want extra absorbency, I add a Thirsties Fab Doubler outside the Snappi-ed prefold.

In the past, I mentioned difficulty with using the Snappi on the Thirsties Duo Prefold.  The difficulty I experienced was related to folding the prefold, as it is a bit shorter and thicker than the traditional prefolds, which made it difficult to reach around my daughter's legs to Snappi, when attempting more traditional folding techniques.  I have found a technique which works better with the Thirsties Duo Prefold, and Snappis work wonderfully with it.  This technique is the Bikini Twist Fold.

I found this wonderful YouTube video, which demonstrates using this fold, although they are using a traditional prefold in the video.



I love the Snappi, because it truly is Daddy proof, and well... let's be honest here... klutzy Mommy proof.  It's not to say that the teeth on the Snappi aren't sharp, because they can scratch you, but they don't leave you bleeding like a diaper pin would.  I don't have to worry about my daughter getting poked, and getting tetanus from a dirty diaper pin if my husband doesn't anchor it right, and let's face it... from my blog earlier this week, we know how great he is at cloth diapering when I'm not around!! 



*I purchased all of these diapers and their accessories with my own money.  I am reviewing them based on my own experiences, which may differ from your own.  I am an affiliate of SweetBottomsBaby and DiaperJunction, both websites where these products are available.

No comments: