Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lucie is 2 months old today!

The last two months, I have learned more about life, and love, than I learned in the 27 years of my life up until then.

I never knew I could love something so tiny so much. I never knew I could love anything or anyone as much as I love my daughter. No offense, Jonathan, but she came out of me, and she's a little piece of my heart. I would do anything for her.

Just last week, I tripped over a box of formula, erroneously left on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. Lucie was in my arms. I didn't put out my arms to stop myself from falling. Instead, I instictively held her tight, and lifted her, preventing her head from hitting the floor. In doing this, I may have hurt myself more, but I saved her from injury.

I never knew how much a tiny smile could make all of my problems seem to disappear, because they are insignificant. She is everything to me, and to Jonathan.

I have never seen so much love in Jonathan's eyes as when he looks at me holding our baby girl. I have never seen him be so careful as when he's holding our baby girl.

I have never wanted to eat Tylenol like candy before yesterday, when she had her DTaP shots... but her screaming in a frequency only dogs can hear? That gave me the worst headache EVER... even worse than the headache I had from the pre-eclampsia during delivery.

What else have I learned?

I am trying to realize that God gives us all only what we can handle, and apparently, He believes I can handle A LOT... and a little. My baby girl is very little. At 2 months old, she weighs less than I did when I was born.

I've learned that cloth diapers aren't as easy to use as they look, but when you see the difference in your kid's skin when you make the switch, you know that it's worth it.

I've learned that getting insurance companies to cover formula is like pulling teeth.

I've learned that while I hate laundering anything else. Cloth diaper laundry excites me in some weird way.

I've learned how much I really love photography and Shutterfly.

I've learned how lucky we are. With all of the times Lucie spits up, at least it's only spit up. Spit happens. It could be worse. She's gaining weight. Slowly... but at least she's growing. I can deal with the spit up.

I've learned to be optimistic.

Who cares if she spits up on her outfit, or her diaper leaks? That means I get to change her into another cute outfit!

No comments: