Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Baby's First Road Trip!

Later on this month, Lucie will be going on a plane with me to San Francisco for a baby shower, and I'm so happy we're taking her on this road trip first, so I can gauge how she'll behave for long periods of time in her car seat. Well, she is sleeping. We hooked up a DVD player with DVDs of her favorite TV programs, and she was so excited to see something entertaining in the car, for about 5 minutes. Then, she passed out as we hit the parkway.
Here she is, zonked out in her seat, holding the ear of the stuffed lamb blanket animal that her Great Aunt Cathy & Co. got her for her Baptism last week. 

I emailed Jonathan's cousin, Kaitlin, author of the "Dirt Road Mama" blog, because she lives near Woodloch, to see if she would want to get together for a walk, and she said although she was SUPER busy, because Reilly is going to be 2 on Sunday, that she'd try to take the time to meet up with us. I told Lucie that she would get to meet Reilly and Reagan, and she looked so excited, smiling and kicking like crazy. She likes to smile and point at the photos of Reilly and Reagan while I'm reading Kaitlin's blog on my iPad.

This morning, Lucie helped me pick out birthday presents for Reilly. Since we know that her Mama is a huge fan of the chalkboard paint, we got a big box of sidewalk chalk. We also got her crayons and coloring books. And since we know that Reilly's Daddy is a math teacher, we got her Disney Princess Math Flash Cards. We hope she likes them, and the numbers :-) We also got Ice Cream scented bubbles for good measure.

Now, you might wonder how a 16 week old baby can help me choose birthday presents. Well, really, it's quite simple. I would hold up something and say, "Lucie, do you think Reilly will like this?" If she agreed, she would smile and kick. If she disagreed, she would make a frownie face and furrow her brow like an old man. It is quite hilarious. I will have to take photos the next time I go shopping with Lucie.

In any case, I told you what we did end up choosing, and the items that Lucie did not like were all of the same type, but slightly different. The Disney Princess flash cards with math won out over Winnie the Pooh with spelling. The Tinkerbell crayons won out over Mickey Mouse, and the ice cream bubbles won out over plain bubbles.

No comments: