Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Lots of Changes!

Last weekend, we moved into our new home, which we had built from the ground up, just for us!  My parents are in town for the week, to help.  Thank goodness they are here!  Lucie is being her rambunctious self, and I am on bed rest.


You see, I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, and my OB gave me two options to break the hyperemesis gravidarum: Go on bed rest in the hospital, with no computer/cellphone/television/visitor access, and adding food gradually... or... Go home, rest for a week, and avoid most electronics (yes, I am breaking the rules by posting this).  It sucks, because I am missing work, and I really want to be at work, and making the money, but I am unable to perform well at work if I am unhealthy and can't keep food or water down.  My hyperemesis with Lucie lasted for my entire pregnancy, so my doctor is trying to break the cycle early.  So far, his methods are working to at least decrease the morning sickness.

One of my friends was quick to point out the bright side: If I have to be on bed rest... being on bed rest at home in my great big brand new house is definitely a plus!  I do love my new house!  There were a few things that were missed, such as a TV outlet in the wrong spot, which the builder is in the process of fixing (they have moved the outlet, but that required cutting holes in the walls, so the walls have been spackled, but not yet sanded or re-painted), and the gutters still need to be put on, along with changing out the glass panes on the front and back door to match the rest of the windows... all in all, though, it's a pretty awesome house!  ;-)




No comments: