Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

New House

Dear Grammar Police- I plan to use a lot of ellipses and exclamation points in this post. I am very excited!

Today, we are closing on our home in New York. The home we are selling... our first house. Our "starter house"... which is what my dad started calling it before we even bought it. I brushed it off, thinking we would grow old together in that house.

I was wrong, but I am happy that I was wrong. We can grow old together in our *NEW* house... it's so *NEW* it's being built- JUST FOR US! It will have everything I'd ever dreamed of... a master suite with sitting area... separate tub/shower... a water closet (so excited there is a room just for using the toilet- within the bathroom, but closed off, so other people can get ready for work while someone is in there doing their business... so practical!)... and a walk in closet! Oh, and did I mention Jonathan will have a room designated as his "man cave/computer room"? And the kitchen has 42" Cherry Cabinets with oil rubbed bronze handles... granite counter tops... a PANTRY! Gas stove!  Fireplace in the living room. A breakfast nook... a formal dining room... HARDWOOD FLOORS!

I thought I loved my New York house, and the truth is, I did... but I wasn't IN love with it. I am IN love with my Columbia house that's being built now. I can't wait until it's ours! But first, we have to say goodbye to our home in Lindenhurst. I will be sad, I will probably cry as I am signing the papers and handing over the keys. But, I will have to just remind myself of the new house, and here are some photos of the progress on that house so far:








No comments: