Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cleaning with a Toddler is FUTILE!

My parents are visiting from New York tomorrow, and while that's great, it also means I need to clean most of my apartment, because I don't want to appear like a total slob.  Now, this morning, I started out by picking up all the toys in Lucie's room and putting them away.  We can play downstairs today, right?

Well, I attempted to put some of her toys from downstairs in a box so I could vacuum, and as soon as I would place an item in the box, Lucie would take it out.  She then went into the kitchen, and found a small individual serving size box of Apple Jacks cereal, which she proceeded to dump all over the floor in the living room.  Not so bad, but it doesn't end there.

She refused to drink out of a sippy cup today, which is sad, because we had gone almost a whole week bottle free.  Oh well!  So, I gave in and gave her a bottle of juice, because I was starting to get a headache from her screaming.  Now, the reason we were weaning off the bottle is two fold.  1) She is too old.  2) She's bitten holes in most of the nipples so that when a bottle is left on it's side, it leaks quite a bit, almost immediately.

Now, the juice I gave Lucie was Juicy Juice's Fruit Punch, which is red in color.  She proceeded to dump the bottle sideways so I now have red juice to get out of the carpet.  This would not be so upsetting if we didn't have to break our lease in a few short months to move into the new house, and need the carpets and everything in the apartment to be stain free, and the same condition we moved in at.  Red juice is not so easy to clean out of a carpet.

I am beyond frustrated, and I am just giving up at this point until Jonathan comes home, because cleaning with just myself and Lucie home is just not working.  I clean something, she immediately messes it up again.  Might as well wait until Jon can get her upstairs and clean while she takes her nightly bath and has reading time with her daddy.

2 comments:

Ze'ev Felsen said...

This is why it is important to have a seltzer drinker in the house. Seltzer is great at getting stains out of carpeting if applied immediately.

BloggerPlus App said...

I agree completely! I should drink more seltzer, and it's low cal!