Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Crazy Cloth Diapering Momma

I will admit it! I am addicted to cloth diapering. I love the collection (a.k.a. "Stash") we've amassed so far of GroVia AI2s, Flips, and Bum Genius 4.0's we've purchased, however, I think my favorites, by far, of our collection are all of the unique one-of-a-kind diapers produced by WAHMs (Work at Home Moms).

I have purchased a number of diapers from Mud Butt Cloth Diapers and a few pocket covers from Baby Coon Designs.

Recently, there have been some "in stock" offerings over at Mud Butt Cloth Diapers, and I must say that I broadened my horizons a bit when ordering Lucie's "Oh Canada!" Diaper and I was so happy, I continued and ordered the same on the "Oh Say Can You See" diaper photographed above. I was originally dead set on only getting snap diapers, as children can learn to unfasten the velcro at an earlier age than they can learn to unsnap a diaper. Then, experience has shown that I need to open my mind a bit. Lucie is between two snap closure snaps at her waist, and she's currently either all the way snapped down to the smallest size, or snapped to the medium size depending on how much the diaper is stuffed. One waist size is too tight around her legs, but fits right around her waist. The other waist size is fits right around her legs, but is too loose at her waist. That's okay for during the day. The problem is at night, when it causes leakage.

Touch tape has solved all these problems for us in our overnight diapering. Also, Mud Butt's unique AI2 Pocket Fusion allows for additional stuffing in a pocket behind the snap in soaker. This is so helpful as Lucie is sleeping for longer and longer periods over night. Last night, she slept for 10 1/2 hours!

I especially love the "Made in U.S.A." tag added on to the Mud Butt's flag diaper. It just adds to how awesomely patriotic this diaper is.

No comments: