Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are just shooting stars????

Yesterday, I partied hard at a wedding for my dear friends, Tricia & Corey. I was a bridesmaid, which meant I had to be up at 6:30 to shower and weigh in at weight watchers before heading over to the hotel where Tricia's minions were to get prettified by 8 am. I was one of the first to arrive, and I got my hair done first. I immediately thought this was a mistake, because I figured my hair would be the first to fall. I was pleasantly surprised, and in fact, I think my hair held up pretty well. The theme was "Starry Night" and all of the tables were constellations that were visible in the night sky where we were (if it wasn't so cloudy) the night of the wedding. We did have a gorgeous view of the water though, and it only drizzled. Rain would not put a damper on our uplifted spirits.

Today, I am headed to San Francisco. After only 2 hours of sleep. Traveling alone... Well almost. I have the baby. She is my most precious luggage. I was worried at how she'd react to her ears popping. As of now, halfway through the second leg of the flight, she's slept through it. She just woke up, drank a bottle, and is now playing with that stuffed animal lamb that she loves more than any other toy. Glow worm doesn't hold a candle to Lamby Baby. She's being quiet for the most part, but when I first began to type this, she got a little jealous and shrieked. You know, just to make sure I remembered she was there. I looked at her, and she started to giggle. She's a funny child.

I was also worried I'd feel super tired, but I cat napped on the first flight, and I'd sleep now if Lucie was asleep. I think I'll be okay.

This year is a wonderful year, full of weddings, and babies, and I think that just may make it the best year of my life (so far)...

Here's a rundown-
Lucie born in January
Tricia and Corey married yesterday
Adira and Shimon to be married next weekend
Alessandra and Joe expecting twins in August
Danielle expecting in August.

So many wonderful life cycle events are happening, and I am so blessed to share in the joy.

Update: the flight is 30 minutes ahead of schedule, and the baby is still behaving beautifully. Smiling and laughing. I have such a happy beautiful smiley baby girl and I am so lucky. God gives us only what we can handle. Lucie is perfect for me and for Jonathan. She is just the perfect fit in our family, and I love her sooo much!! Lucie is sleeping on and off and I've had enough cat naps to feel refreshed. That reminds me... I need to get benedryl... The baby shower is at Alessandra and Joe's house and they have cats. The trip would not be fun with allergies.

No comments: