Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Who Says You Can't Have a Great Photoshoot On a Budget?!

 
I've been couponing for a few months now, and I noticed something as I was clipping my coupons from the Sunday paper inserts:  There are almost ALWAYS coupons for photo services at department stores.  Target coupons seemed to be the best deal, with the option of FREE Sitting Fees, a FREE 8x10 and and either $3.99 Traditional Photo Sheets and $7.99 for a Basic One-Pose Package or FREE Sitting Fees, a FREE 8x10 and 40% off Portraits (These are enhanced by either being collages, or having borders).  I would usually go for the $3.99 deal, because it's more cost effective... you get more prints for the same amount of money.  In the case of my maternity photo shoot, though, I can't imagine there are many people who would want prints of my naked henna belly, so I decided to get collage sheets.  They came out fantastic.

I had been researching the best maternity photographers and baby photographers in the area since the beginning of my pregnancy, but they all wanted $150.00 minimum for the shooting time, and that didn't include prints or CDs or anything.  At Target, I could get the CD for $150, or I could use the coupons, and get a ton of prints for the same cost or less.  I'm not saying that these more expensive photographers don't deserve what they are charging.  I've had a private photo shoot before, and it was worth every penny.  I'm just saying that if you don't have the money to spend on a really expensive photographer, don't do it.  Find something that works within your budget.  You'll be much happier.  


My only disappointment was that on the computer screen at Target, I couldn't see any of my stretch marks, and in the prints, they are noticeable.  However, I have come to realize that I can't be so vain.  These stretch marks are a badge of honor, saying I've made it to 36 weeks pregnant with our beautiful daughter.  They aren't stretch marks any more.  They are beauty marks.  If they bothered me enough, I know I could find someone to airbrush them out.


Don't fret if you don't get the newspaper delivered to you.  You can still print coupons to Target's photo studio online.  You can find their current coupons here: http://www.targetportraits.com/offers/portrait-studio-coupons


 

No comments: