Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Home!

We brought Lucie Elizabeth home yesterday. It was an adventure! First, Daddy had to figure out how to buckle the car seat in correctly. Then, we had to figure out how to loosen the straps to get them to fit around Lucie's giant snow suit. Finally, we had Lucie in the car, ready to go! I had been served lunch while Jonathan was loading my stuff in the car, but he was still hungry, so we stopped at the Wendy's Drive-Thru for some lunch for him, and headed home. My mom was waiting for us when we arrived. She had done some laundry of the things Lucie had spit-up, pooped, or peed on while in the hospital. She also helped set up Lucie's sleeping arrangements in our room, where she will sleep until she is big enough for her crib. We decided to go to Dr. Mike O'Halleran's office, because my back was KILLING me after being in the hospital bed for 6 days. It felt so good to be adjusted. He even checked out Lucie's back, and she just cooed and smiled the whole time.

Then, we went to Target for some Desitin and some baby body lotion. Lucie's feet were super dry, and cracked, so we needed something to moisturize her, and her little teeny bum was bright red. I think it's because they didn't change her as often as they should have in the nursery at the hospital.

When we got home, my dad was waiting there for us. He is so totally in love with Lucie, and she has him wrapped around her teeny tiny finger. My dad helped move some furniture in our room to complete Lucie's sleeping space, and then my parents went home when Jonathan's mom came. She brought dinner from Valley Caterers (Ribs, Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Stuffing, Broccoli, Dinner Rolls...) and she also brought bagels for breakfast today from A&S Bagels in Franklin Square. That was awesome!

After the lack of sleep last night, neither of us wanted to make breakfast, so the bagels Diane brought were definitely a good idea. Lucie woke up almost every half hour, like clockwork, screaming. She was unfamiliar with her surroundings and confused. I did my best to take care of her, but getting up and out of bed, lifting her in and out of her moses basket as many times as I did had me in a lot of pain. At 6:30 am, my mom texted to ask if I needed the powder formula, and I told her that neither of us had gotten much sleep, since Jonathan was also helping to take care of Lucie. She offered to take the day off of work to come and help. That allowed Jonathan to get about 4 hours of sleep before going to the job fair today. I haven't really been able to sleep, but I'm able to rest and hold Lucie while my mom takes care of other things... like washing everything Lucie got dirty yesterday! For such a teeny tiny baby, she sure does produce a LOT of laundry. I'm not quite sure how to upload photos from my iPad to blogger directly, but I will upload plenty of photos once I get on my laptop later.

No comments: