Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Lose the Cape - a book review

Do you feel pressured to be "Supermom"?  Are you trying so hard to be "Supermom" that you lose who YOU are?  Well, stop trying to be someone else, Lose the Cape, and be YOU!



This is the message Lose the Cape by Alexa Bigwarfe and Kerry Rivera aims to drive home.  No matter what stress you are going through, or which choice you are making in how to parent... you are not the first, and you will not be the last, to have to weigh the options to choose the best solution for your children and your family.  But... what options are there?  What are the benefits of each?  What will make YOU the best mom you can be and help you realize your full potential?  Here is where Lose the Cape really helps out- it provides strategies to survive every day stresses such as bedtime, feeding, and separation anxiety while leaving the stressful part of each situation behind to be the best mom you can be.

Lose the Cape is not like any other parenting book I have ever read because it recognizes that we are all individuals... Moms, co-parents, and children... we are all unique.  There is no one size fits all solution to each stress.  Instead, we are encouraged to find what will work for us in each situation, and to be ourselves- the best version of ourselves we can be.
________________________________________________
Personally, I'm not trying to be Supermom anymore.  I'm under a lot of pressure between working a full time job and running my own business.  There aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done, and this is my biggest mom stress.  I do the best job I can in every aspect of my life and I cherish my time home with my kids on the weekends and in the evenings.  I've been plagued with mommy stress about my lack of time in the past, and I'm choosing to let go of it.  I'm choosing to embrace the time I have home with them, and let go of my fears that my babies will forget me while I'm at work.  They are in capable hands of a friend I trust, and I could not be more confident that they are both well cared for and having fun while I am at work.

Do you want to give yourself permission to Lose the Cape?  Order your copy today on Amazon.com and you can get free shipping with Amazon Prime!
 
Legal Stuff: I was not compensated to write this review.  These opinions are my own, and I receive no financial benefit from the sales of this book.  I was provided an advanced copy of the e-book in order to be able to write this review.

No comments: