Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Almost 3 months old...

We celebrated Asher on Saturday with a barbecue... or as the Southerners refer to it, a "Cookout." Jonathan was grateful for the excuse to splurge on a brand new big Weber smoker. He used it to cook pork & brisket. We commissioned a friend to make a gorgeous cake to match a wrap I frequently nurse Asher in. Jonathan also grilled peaches I bought fresh from the Farmer's market. I hope everyone had a good time. One skill I have not completely mastered is being able to be the hostess, circulate, prep food, watch the kids, cleanup, and not feel dizzy at the end.
Thank You to everyone who helped.
l can't believe Asher will be three months old on Thursday. Where did the time go? l have to find a way to stop comparing Asher & Lucie because they are two different children... However, that is why there is SO much to compare. Asher is much bigger than Lucie was at this age. She was formula fed, so perhaps my breastmilk is exceeding my expectations since I have a history of growth hormone deficiency and I was unsure my pituitary gland would produce the prolactin needed to produce milk.
In the last 2 months, I have been less shy about feeding him publicly, although I do experience moments where feelings of modesty sometimes stand in my way. I read somewhere that Pope Francis is pro-breastfeeding.  This is probably the only reason these feelings don't take over in church. Jesus was breastfed afterall...
I also wear Asher more than I did Lucie because I know more about baby wearing than I did before.
Lucie has become... no... blossomed!  Into the most amazingly helpful big sister,  even if she did revert to the pacifier and take a few steps backwards in potty training.   It's okay. 
I also learned I need wayyyy more sleep than ever.  So... I will end this here with a few photos ,

No comments: