Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Will the SCREAMING ever end?

I love my daughter, L.E., very much. However, there are some moms, who, in their blogs, gloss over everything, and only tell you the good stuff. I'm not such a mom. It's not that I want to be negative. I just want to be real. She's perfect to me, but that also means that she has a set of lungs she doesn't know she can use for singing yet... so instead, she screams, and yells, and that's cool, because that's how I know something's wrong, because she doesn't speak English yet.

This photo was taken by my husband while she was in the hospital nursery. I was still getting stitched up, and she was screaming her head off.

Now, I sort of regret saying, "Why isn't she crying?" right after she was born, because, well... she cries a lot now. I don't wish she was quieter, though, because I love her for who she is.

Lucie Evens, the woman we named her for, was very... LOUD! Not just vocally, but her clothes were loud, her hair was loud, and when she walked in a room, you knew it. I think that L.E. Reggio has inherited some of that loudness.

I hope that in the future, she can learn to channel that LOUDNESS into a career as an artist of some sort... musical, performance, acting... and I hope that she grows out of this phase of endless screaming soon.

No comments: