Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Prefold Dilemma

I don't live near any cloth diaper stores, unfortunately, so there are no classes I could attend to teach me how to fold a cloth diaper pre-fold.  The staff at SweetBottomsBaby is awesome, but their website and phone help don't really replace someone being here physically showing me HOW to fold the diaper, and how to ensure the Snappi stays on.  DiaperJunctions website says that since I'm using a wrap cover, snappis aren't necessary, but the prefolds shift if they aren't secured around my daughter.

And so, after trying, on my own, to figure things out, I decided to do some research online.  I found a great picture tutorial on BabyCenter Community's Cloth Diaper group for the Angel Fold, and how to use it with a prefold that is a bit too long.  That was very helpful.  I decided to see what other folds there are out there, and I found this blog:



It offers photos to guide through the angel wing fold, the newspaper fold, the bikini twist fold, the jelly roll fold, the ooey fold, the diva fold, and the poonico fold.

Which fold do you use?  So far, I've only tried the angel fold, but I'm thinking I want to try the bikini twist... It looks like it would be super absorbent when used on a female baby.

No comments: