Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weight Watching

Now that I'm no longer pregnant, I'm allowed to rejoin Weight Watchers.  I went to my first meeting today in about 9 months... I'd missed my meeting the morning I took the pregnancy test, so my last weigh in was in May of 2011.  I had been a member since July of the year before, and I had begun to think of my weight issue as a see-saw.  I'd lose a few lbs., feel cocky, and gain it right back, and sometimes with an additional lb. or two.

I did not diet at all during pregnancy.  It is not medically advisable to do so.  It is, however, advisable to eat healthier.  That, and Jonathan's attentiveness to my odd cravings, and portion control, is what I credit with being 2 weeks post cesarean section and down 5.4 lbs. from the weigh in immediately before conceiving.

I plan to reach my goal weight by January or February of 2014, so then, Jonathan and I can try to give Lucie a little brother or sister.  Hopefully, if I am not overweight at that point, I will not get pre-eclampsia again.  :-)

No comments: